3 Things to Consider When It Comes to Window Washing
- Quality of Cleaning
FUSE has access to specialized tools and cleaning agents that can provide a higher quality cleaning than using household cleaners or DIY methods. Additionally, We have the expertise and experience to effectively remove even the toughest grime and dirt.
How often you need your windows cleaned will depend on factors such as your location, the amount of dust and pollution in your area, and your personal preferences. If you live in a heavily polluted area or have a lot of trees surrounding your home, you may need to have your windows cleaned more frequently than someone who lives in a less polluted area. Consider your needs and budget when deciding on the frequency of window cleaning.
- Consider the accessibility of your windows when deciding on a window cleaning company.
If you have hard-to-reach windows, you’ll need to find a company that has the appropriate equipment an effective cleaning. Make sure to discuss any accessibility concerns with the window cleaning company before hiring them.
Types of Window Washing
1. Squeegee Method
- Tools Needed: Squeegee, bucket, detergent, scrubbing wand
- Process: A scrubbing wand is used to apply a mixture of water and detergent to the window. The squeegee is then used to remove the water and dirt, leaving the window clean.
2. Water-Fed Pole System
- Tools Needed: Water-fed pole, purified water, brush attachment
- Process: A long pole with a brush attachment at the end is used. Purified water is fed through the pole and sprayed onto the window while the brush scrubs away dirt and grime.
3. Traditional Mop and Bucket
- Tools Needed: Mop, bucket, detergent, squeegee
- Process: Similar to the squeegee method but usually used for interior windows. The mop is used to apply the cleaning solution, and a squeegee or cloth is used to dry the window.
4. High-Pressure Cleaning
- Tools Needed: High-pressure washer
- Process: A high-pressure washer sprays water at a high velocity to remove dirt and grime. This method is generally used for outdoor windows and larger commercial buildings.
5. Chemical Cleaning
- Tools Needed: Chemical cleaning agents, protective gear
- Process: Specialized chemical agents are used to remove stubborn stains like paint, grease, or calcium deposits. This method is generally used for commercial buildings and requires proper safety measures.
6. Aerial Lifts or Scaffolding
- Tools Needed: Aerial lift or scaffold, cleaning tools
- Process: For high-rise buildings, window cleaners often use aerial lifts or scaffolding to reach high windows. The actual cleaning can be done using any of the above methods.
7. Automated Window Washing Systems
- Tools Needed: Automated cleaning machine
- Process: Some modern buildings have automated systems that move along tracks and clean windows. These are generally used in very tall skyscrapers.
8. Rope Access
- Tools Needed: Ropes, harness, cleaning tools
- Process: For extremely high or hard-to-reach windows, cleaners may use rope access techniques to descend from the top of the building.
Regardless of the method used, safety is a top priority in professional window cleaning. This often involves the use of safety harnesses, helmets, and also other protective gear.
Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the choice of method often depends on the type of window, the height of the building, and the level of dirt or grime.
Why is Window Washing Necessary?
Over time, dirt, streaks, and grime can build up on your windows, making them significantly dirty. As dirt and other debris build up, windows can become corroded and scratched, leaving the surface of the windows damaged. Getting your windows cleaned can extend the lifespan. Additionally, with dirty windows, not only does a home lose curb value, but light into your home can obstructed and restricted as well. Getting your windows cleaned regularly will ensure that your home will be full of natural light once again.
What will FUSE do?
At FUSE, our technicians use a water-fed brush head and filtered water to ensure that your windows will come out sparkling clean, leaving your home brighter than ever.
If you want a spotless shine and crystal clear view, Call us now at 778-242-4556 to book your window washing today!